Friday, April 17, 2009

The Zen of Film vs Digital

Found this post from Chase Jarvis's blog and had to make note of it. It is a great post form Doug Menuez of his (I guess) new blog Menuez 2.0. About Film vs. Digital, a very good read and I have to say he hit home so I got out the 1V and shot a few rolls today. Really felt good...

THE ZEN OF FILM vs. DIGITAL GRATIFICATION
“Mulling it over, I couldn’t articulate it fully but definitely, I knew I had become lazy, really lazy. A spectacular sloth by the standards of shooting film. Film is hard. Film is a stone cold unforgiving killing bastard. Film is once in a lifetime, no excuses. F8 and really, really be there: ready, steady, in focus, correct exposure, and pressing the shutter in synch with life.”

Thanks to Chase Jarvis for bring it out to more photogs.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!